Before we start, I’d like to ask you something. Do you have any hobbies that you enjoy? Many of you will answer this question affirmatively. But you have to ask yourself what learning about different macramé knots has to do with hobbies. Think about it, making different macrame knots is nothing less than a hobby. Let’s take a closer look at this nice and explicit hobby and see what macrame nodes we can make.
Simple methods for tying macramé knots?
If you look at the remaining part of the article, you will find the constant number of different macramé knots. It can be difficult to give instructions to everyone. And that’s why we’ve focused on the more popular instructions for macramé nodes. Go through the steps below to find out how easy it actually is to make the nodes. Look for instructions for macramé plant holders to learn more.
Square macramé knot
– To make this knot you need – 3 strings (red, green and orange), a safety pin and a cardboard box.
– Take all 3 cords in one hand and tie a knot over them to connect them together. Attach them to the box with a safety pin.
– Keep the pattern of the cords from left to right – red, green and orange. Take the right orange cord and cross it over the green cord.
– Then take the same orange string and go left under the red string.
– Now take the red line and lead it under the green line. Then go over the orange string. This makes a loop.
– Pull the red and orange strings to complete the knot. Get this new knot as close as possible to the first one we made.
– Repeat the steps in the same way to create square knots as long as you want the string to be like this.
Braided chain stitch
– To make this macramé knot you need – 4 strings (grey, purple, pink and white), a safety pin and a cardboard box.
– Take all 4 cords in one hand and tie a knot over them to hold them together. Attach them to the box with a safety pin.
– Keep the pattern of the cords from left to right – pink, white, purple and grey. Take the grey cord and go over purple and white cords.
– Make a loop around the two cords and pull it through. Go behind each of the 4 cables and bring the grey cable to the left side.
– Now take the purple cord and go over the white and pink cords. Make a loop around both cables and pull them through.
– With a knot you can attach the cords to each other. Now bring the grey cord down and start exactly the same steps with the pink cord.
– This way you work your way along the cords and make bracelets or necklaces with macramé knots.
Vertical Lark’s Head
– To get this knot, you need 2 cables (dark blue and white), a safety pin and a cardboard box.
– Take both cords in one hand and tie a knot at the top to hold them together. Use a safety pin to attach them to the box.
– Always hold the cord pattern from left to right – white and dark blue.
– Most work is done with the white cord. So wind the white cord over the dark blue cord, fold it under and then through the loop.
– Bypass the dark blue string on the underside with the white string, then take it up and up and through the loop at the end.
– This pattern should be similar to – over, under, through and under, over, through. In the end you only have to repeat the steps in the cables.